THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, June 16, 2008

Good Morning Monday!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I had a 4 year old with a fever hovering around 104°F (38°C) and a terrible headache. Sti;ll we went over to a church we bought a wooden playset from, in order to disassemble it and bring it home and had Murphy's Law take over our lives. When I offered to buy the playset from the church I forgot that we had just traded in our Ford F35o long bed pick-up truck for a Ford Escape. DH has had a truck as long as I have known him. After three trips to the church (it's only 10 minutes away) to attempt taking it apart, DH decided to rent a truck for a day and just load it in one piece. Let me precede this by saying that DH brought home a Saturn Sky from work on Friday. Since he's a test engineer he does this occasionally, especially when there is a car he knows I'd love to drive. So, by his choice, Mark and Mack went to pick up the rental truck at 9am on Sunday morning (Father's Day... I know). We headed out at about 12:30 to go to the church. When Zoe and I got there with the convertible, shortly behind the boys, Mark was ready to have me help him tip the playset into the truck.... it was 1 inch too wide!!! So we started to tear it apart... mark went to move the truck forward a bit and it sunk to the axel in soft, wet dirt. After 40 minutes of trying to wedge something under the back wheels, Mark pulledthe Sky up and used it to secure a strap that he used to pull the truck forward. It worked, but the knot he tied to fasten the strap was tightened so much, we couldn't get it undone. He left me to work on it while he got back to disassembling the playset. Almost instantly it downpoured!!!! Quickly I put the convertible top up, closed the windows and trunk on the Sky, Mark gathered the kids, the dog (yes she was with us) and the tools together and we huddled in the back of the still unloaded rental truck. As the rain poured down (of course blowing into the back of the truck) and we all tried to stay dry, sweet little Zoe said, "this is the worst Father's Day EVER!" to which Mark replied, "No, it's not. We're all together as a family. That's all any Daddy ever wants for Father's Day is to have his family all together." AWWWW! Suffice it to say that we did get the playset pulled apart, loaded and unloaded again in our driveway at home (although not before I sunk the SKY in the soft, wet dirt up to the frame and pulled it out the same way we did the rental truck). By 4:00 Mark had taken the truck back and he and I cleaned the inside and outside of the Sky so that it could be returned in perfect shape. In spite of this excitement and drama, I did manage to get a new kit under way called, appropriately enough, One Crazy Summer. I've already finished the Alphas for it, but as today is a workday, I'll have to load them up later. Be sure to check back!!!!

1 comments:

Bonnie said...

Sounds like you had quite an adventure on Father's Day. I'm glad DH was able to keep a positive outlook. My father in law gave us a hand-me-down playset but forgot the hardware, swings, and half the hinges, so it has sat unassembled on our back porch for a few weeks now. :)